Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Jolt of Inspiration

by Leigh


Sometimes all it takes to jumpstart creativity again is a new app to play with!  I've been lucky enough to Beta test the Filmborn App from Mastin Labs.  I am so excited about this new app!  Film is something I would love to explore at some point, but until then I now have an app that allows my iphone to "shoot" film!


You've heard the saying "the best camera is the one you have with you".  And we all have those handy dandy smartphones in our pocket most of the time.  Filmborn has brought back the snapshot.  One of my favorite things is to go through photos from my childhood when I'm at my parents' house.  My kids love to hold prints in their hands and laugh at my 70's haircut (thanks mom!).  Now thanks to Filmborn when can get film quality photos again.  But we can't leave these photos sitting on our phones and hard drives.  We need to print them! YES I SAID PRINT!  Even if you don't have time to organize prints into nicely labeled and thought out albums, you can print them and put them in photo boxes.  I want my kids to have that experience of holding a print in their hand with my handwriting on the back of the photo.  I'm challenging myself (and all of you) to spend some time picking out your favorite photographs and print those suckers!  


I will be sure to let you all know when the Filmborn app becomes available.  But in the meantime....get to printing!



4 comments:

Cathy H. said...

Great reminder! I am behind in my printing, but I'm slowly catching up. It's important that we print them. My children still dig out our old albums and flip through them. So many memories and so much history!

kelly said...

beautiful photos leigh. i've been seeing your posts with this app...can't wait to read more about it. xo

terriporter said...

Oh, you're singing to the choir here, Leigh! I'm a huge proponent of printing our photos. Way too many people take thousands of photos without printing one. My photo albums are my history books. When I can't remember when something happened, I have only to pull out a few albums and find the photos that tell me when. So many memories captured! And I also will be looking forward to seeing this app when it comes out!

Dotti said...

Yes, we can't say it too often: print, print, print. And I am following my own advice! I can't wait until this app becomes available.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life