Monday, December 31, 2012

Quotes for the New Year


Well ... can you believe it? Here we are at the last day of 2012. It hardly seems possible that 366 days have gone by since we last threw confetti and said, "Happy New Year!" But there it is ... 366 days have indeed become history.

That can only mean one thing ... time to look ahead. And we have plenty to look forward to here at Focusing on Life.

First of all, we're introducing a year of Focus on Inspiration as a way to encourage you to pursue and improve your art. Under this banner we will continue our monthly inspirational themes, now to be called Monthly Focus. For example, this month will be January Focus. You'll be encouraged to post and tag your Focus photos on Flickr as well as to continue using our Flickr pages to post any and all photos which you wish to share with our FOL family. As always, we welcome your thoughts in our comments section because we love to hear from you!

What will we do with all these photos? Glad you asked. Several times a month we will run a Saturday post which will Focus on You. The featured photos will be chosen from all the photos on our Flickr pages and we may choose several at one time. We've had some stunning work posted on our pages and we want to highlight these photos.

There are more surprises ahead but that's all I'll share today. Before I leave I do want to introduce our January Focus - Quotes for the New Year.

I have a feeling all of us have favorite quotes that inspire, uplift, humor and delight us. This month let's shoot our photos with the idea of portraying our favorite quotes. You can put the quote right on the photo as I've done above or you can post it underneath your photo. Perhaps there's a special story to go along with your quote. If so, please share it with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

And finally ... be sure to visit FOL tomorrow when Terri will be announcing the winner of our Reader Appreciation giveaway. If it were possible, we'd give a gift to each of you because we truly appreciate each and every one of you.

Happy New Year!



5 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy New Year to all my FOL sisters and followers. Blessings to all of us and I am so looking forward to another great year at Focusing on Life.

terriporter said...

Happy New Year to everyone! So excited for all the new things in store here at FOL. Today I am looking back just a bit to all the wonderful posts that have been written over the past year and how grateful I am for all of my FOL sisters and all of our readers. Tomorrow we will be looking forward to all the fun we are going to have in 2013! Hope you all come along for the ride.

Kim Stevens said...

Yes, Happy New Year, to continued adventure and friendships with my FOL sisters and all our readers!! xo

Claudia said...

Well I for one was BANKING on the apocalypse... and now that that is not going to happen im all for ditching 2012 in the TANK!!! :) 2013 will be a fabulous year and I cant wait!

Know I adore all of you--- and your support. I love btw, this photo Dotti.

HUGS x10!

Carol said...

Happy New Year to all my life sisters and friends. It's been such a delight in my life this year, as have all of you. I enjoy the whole process, from sitting down with my pencil, to looking at all of your posts and thoughts. Here's to another great year!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life