Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The colors of the rainbow

by Kim


"Love is like a rainbow, where each color will flow. Red, of the heart that beats.


Orange, funny and sweet.



Yellow, warm rays of the sun.




Green, having lots of fun.




Blue, waves of sky above.




Purple, the color of love. With each color comes a nice smile, hearts are beating at a thousand miles."
                                                                                                              -  Unknown


Oh, you know that saying that life is what happens when you're planning it? Well, while I was planning my post for today, and snapping away the photos for it....my hubby had rearranged some things (computer things) which left me no way to download my photos (gasp). That's probably what I get for leaving it to the last minute, but in my defense....I knew exactly what I was doing (wink wink). Although in hindsight I can see how having a plan "B" might be a good idea. Unfortunately, it was on the other side of the rainbow, probably having a party with a pot of gold and a wee little leprechaun!

So....I'm wondering, what color of the rainbow would you be today and why?

I would be pink (it's in the rainbow somewhere). It's friendly, it's fun, and it's a little flirty. Feels like rose petals and tastes like cotton candy.

Hope your Tuesday is a good one!


12 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

Today I would probably be blue. I am feeling in a mellow state and it is raining outside, so it will be an inside kind of day.

heyjudephotography said...

Wow Kim! Wow, wow, wow! Your images are stunning, made me sigh with happiness just looking at them! Seriously. Today I would be......orange, as long as I can be as beautiful as your orange flower here. It looks fun and full of life and I have big plans for getting lots done today so I need to be orange! :)

Buttercup said...

Beautiful photos! I think I'm a nice sky blue today.

gina said...

What a fabulous selection of images for your theme -- beautiful! Apeaceful green resonates with me today -- there is a wonderful rain
cleaning the plants, trees, and air.

terriporter said...

Oh, my, these images of yours are just stunning! I keep going back to the green one -- those water droplets are amazing! It is so hot here right now that I would want to be a cool color, like blue. Blue, definitely blue, the blue of the ocean would definitely cool me off!

Dotti said...

Love this post, Kim! So much fun. Beautiful photos to illustrate a great poem. And pondering ... oh, my! I think I'm a mix of colors today. A lot going on right now. Thinking I need to be yellow ... but for 'mellow'.

kelly said...

oh my. a rainbow of beautiful photos kim! i suppose yellow suits me today. trying to be optimistic and cheerful in the midst of gray day.

Unknown said...

You are a breath of fresh air! That green leaf with the droplets is stunning!

Carol said...

I have to go with green - because it was go go go today and no stop! These are beautiful photos, and the green is my favorite anyway - those droplets are to die for!!!

Silvina Soave said...

Tus fotografías son espectaculares!!!.Preciosa entrada, las imágenes son excelentes!!
Abrazos.

janice said...

gorgeous rainbow color images... wow! My life is hectic right now and blue is suppose to calm things down... I wish.

Sherri B. said...

Your photos are gorgeous...I'd have to say that periwinkle is the color I'd choose. It's always been my favorite...it's calming, yet has a beautiful glow about it, too. Plus my daughter called it "purple twinkle" when she was little and that memory always makes me love this color even more! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life