Friday, July 11, 2014

Deliberately Summer

by Deanna


Sometime around the 1st of June I read an article in our local newspaper paper about enjoying summer.  Now you would think that most everyone enjoys summer, but this column was devoted to enjoying something deliberate relating to summer each and every day.   I have thought about that article several times during these past couple of months.  We have such short summers here, this one being even shorter due to our harsh winter and iffy spring that doing something daily that you only do during the summer is a worthy goal.  Sometimes the only thing that I do during the day relating to summertime is sit on my back screen porch and read or, which is even more desirable, nap. 

I love watching our winged friends that are not here during the colder months.




The 4th of July was definitely a summertime event.


Taking drives thru the country



How about the delights of the summertime eats & drinks....




And outdoor concert under the canopy of the trees and stars is bliss...
 

All those summertime fairs....


And the flowers, who can resist walking through gardens and enjoying the colors and scents.




These are just a few of the summertime happenings in my life that ONLY occur during these wonderful months of June, July and August.  What is it that you enjoy that only summer brings?And I challenge you from now until the end of summer to do something deliberate that only a summer day provides, soak it up, love it, devour it...it goes by too swiftly.


12 comments:

Sandra said...

Gorgeous signs of summer to be 'devoured' indeed. I agree! All beautifully photographed to enhance the moment of the observer!

Unknown said...

So true, Deanna! I enjoy every bit of summer and just wish I could bottle it ... your images are stunning as usual.

Katie said...

these are amazing images of your beautiful summer, deanna!

terriporter said...

How wonderful to wake up to these amazingly beautiful summer photos! They are a feast for the eyes! And I love your idea of deliberately focusing on te joys of summer. With our summer heat, those joys all center around water! I'm looking forward to our beach vacation in a couple of weeks where I can really focus on what I love most about summer. thanks for this wonderful post, Deanna!

S. Etole said...

You take the most remarkable photos. I find myself wishing you gave lessons.

gina said...

What a wonderful selection of summer shots -- just gorgeous!! That special summer energy comes through so clearly in your images.

kelly said...

thank you deanna for this giant dose of summertime magic! glad you are finally able to enjoy the great outdoors (you most certainly deserve it after the winter you all had). this weekend i am going to deliberately enjoy summer. xoxo

heyjudephotography said...

I love this lesson to enjoy those summertime things deliberately. What gorgeous captures of your summer! Just beautiful.

Cathy said...

Your photos are so beautiful. Wow! is all I have to say. And I love the idea of deliberately enjoying summer! It is not long enough here in the PNW either.

Barb said...

Each photo a delight, Deanna. The dragonfly is awesome.

terriporter said...

I just had to come back and tell you that the sight of your rocker on your porch makes my heart sing! Beautiful memories, my friend!

Jeanne said...

love your shots Deanna! Just gorgeous and really very summery! You have inspired me to enjoy the summer. It is just flying by isn't it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life