Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The goal of life:

by Kim

. . . simple but not empty.

- Terri Guillemets



Simple....it's a state of mind.
Not complicated, and not always easy, but definitely not empty.

It's making sure we know what is and what is not absolutely necessary and giving permission to redefine those choices as needed....and there will be days it will be needed.

Simple is the ability to let go and be content with what you have.

"Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless
wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves."

-Edwin Way Teale



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning abstract Kim! The quote is so apropos too. Reducing our wants by focusing on the truly important ones really does simplify life and leave more time for revelling in it.

Jeanne said...

Something to consider and remember every day! Lovely photo kIM!

Deanna said...

I am definitely decided that simplicity is the way to go as I age. The things that seemed so important to me 20 years ago are now just memories and now is the time for simply enjoying life.

terriporter said...

First of all, your photo is "simply" gorgeous! Love the dreamy feel. I am about to take on a rather large home renovation project and halfway through I will probably wonder why I ever began but I know I'll be happy when it's done. I like simplicity in life and the next few months will be anything but simple, but this project is many years overdue so I am going to have to bite the bullet for a few months and dream of the days when life is simple again.Your quote is speaking to me!

Sherri B. said...

What a gorgeous, dreamy image...and I love the message of your post.

heyjudephotography said...

A beautiful message and beautiful photo to compliment it. Simple isn't always easy, but its just what we need.

Carol said...

I am a big believer in simplicity. It's good for the soul.Wonderful image.

kelly said...

oh kim... this is so beautiful. lovely abstract, lovely tones. wonderful message.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life