Monday, August 22, 2016

Green, Green

by Terri




"Green, green, it's green they say
On the far side of the hill.
Green, green, I'm goin' away
To where the grass is greener still.”
~The New Christy Minstrels


The color we're focusing on this week is green. Green is everywhere! It’s the most common color in the natural world, and it’s second only to blue as the most common favorite color.   It’s the color we associate with money, the environment, and aliens, and it’s the color of revitalization and rebirth. 
 
And lest you think there is no green in the desert, this beautiful Queen Victoria Agave is thriving right here in Arizona. It is my very favorite agave with its lush green and white markings.

Post your green images in the FOL Flickr gallery this week and let us see the green you find in your world!


5 comments:

Carol said...

The New Christie Minstrels - that's a blast from the past! I love the patterns in your Agave. A perfect example of GREEN!

Anonymous said...

The New Christie Minstrels were the soundtrack of my teenage summers! I could still sing all those songs by heart. Thanks for the memories! And that agave is fascinating.

Cathy H. said...

Agave is a very interesting plant, one I've never seen. The curved shapes in the center remind me of turtle shells. I'm singing right along with all of you! I'll be singing this song all day and that's not a bad thing! We've had a lot of rain this summer and things around here are still - green, green!

kelly said...

you're agave is beautiful terri! I am always amazed at the beauty of desert!

Dotti said...

Like Kelly, I never cease to be amazed by desert beauty. I've always had green grass, green trees, lush flowers. And yes, a blast from the past - and now I can't get it out of my head.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life