Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday Focus on You



Our Wednesday Focus on You feature allows us to spotlight images from our Flickr gallery that are not related to our Monthly Theme. It is such a treat to browse through the gallery! There are so many talented photographers who contribute their beautiful art. One such artist is Janice Johnson who is a frequent contributor and I find myself scrolling through the gallery and stopping at her images even before I know who has posted them. This particular image caught my eye for so many reasons. First  of all, I'm a sucker for purple and green together. But the beautiful focus and depth of field just drew me in.  If you want a feast for the eyes, take a stroll through her Flickr gallery.

And then, for something completely different, I just couldn't take my eyes off of this image by Sherry Galey.

Golden retriever puppies have to be the cutest puppies ever and this one is so perfectly captured. The texture of the fur and the sweetness of the pose -- it makes me want to go out and buy a puppy.  You can see more of Sherry's wonderful images in her Flickr gallery.  Lots  of beauty there . . . and more puppies!



4 comments:

Carol said...

Both are beautiful, as well as serving to demonstrate hiw varied our interests can be in photography! I have to say that I am a sucker fir goldens-had them all my life, and that close up puppy is tugging my heartstrings!

Dotti said...

That Columbine is perfect! It makes me yearn for the day when mine will be blooming but we're months away from that. And I've been watching all of Sherry's golden puppy photos these past few weeks with such delight. This one is sure to warm your heart. Thank you Janice and Sherry for sharing on our Flickr page!

Kim Stevens said...

Both great choices, and yes it's so hard to choose as there is just spectacular photography shared on the flickr page. The shot of the columbine is beautiful Jan and Sherry you're image of this puppy is so, so sweet. Love the dof and how the rest of the photo has a painterly quality to it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that columbine is just exquisite -- and so perfectly captured by Janice. I am glad to learn of her and discover her work here. It's true -- it's quite exciting how many terrific images one sees in the FOL pool! And thank you for featuring one of MY puppies. Oh, how I wish they really were mine, but I have borrowed them these past few weeks -- and the pleasure has been incredible. Happiness is indeed a warm puppy. xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life