Monday, March 9, 2015

Butterflies, a Friend and a Cure for NDD

by Terri


Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead 
you to the sunny side of life.  And everyone deserves a little sunshine.  ~Jeffrey Glassberg

 

As you can tell from all of our recent posts, you are not alone if you are suffering from NDD (nature deficiency disorder). It seems to be going around!  Carol explained what it is in her post last Monday and it really got me thinking.  One thing I know about myself is that I need a certain amount of time outdoors in nature or I get a little crazy.  But sometimes it is so hard to find that time, necessary or not. 



But this week my dear friend Deanna came to visit. Her post last Friday really showed off the beauty of Arizona!  I thought she might be suffering from some NDD herself, coming from the cold climes of Chicago, so we headed off to Butterfly Wonderland to see if we could find a cure.  Although we weren’t technically “outdoors”, with all the plants and flowers and butterflies around, it definitely gave me my nature “fix”.  Color for me is another thing that is necessary to my happiness and the beautiful color of the butterflies was just what the doctor ordered. 



As we wandered through the misty air in the butterfly atrium, I could feel myself relax as I took in all the beauty around me.


Left to my own devices, I most likely wouldn’t have ventured out to Butterfly Wonderland that day, but having a friend by my side to enjoy it with made all the difference. 

 
We found our NDD cure together amidst the beauty of the butterflies.

Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, 
but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne





5 comments:

Deanna said...

Ahh yes the perfect cure for NDD and especially with a special friend!! Lovely captures of those gorgeous creatures

CarolHart said...


Such amazingly beautiful images Terri. So glad you had a chance to connect with Deanna and commune with nature's beauty. Cheers!

Jeanne said...

Such a great treatment for a new disease... one I am suffering from for sure also!

Dotti said...

If you ask me (and I know you did) this is a Terrific Twofer. A friend plus a butterfly garden. I'm suffering as much from CDD (color deficit disorder) as NDD right now so all this vibrant color is just what I need today.

kelly said...

I have first-hand experience of the delight and joy that come with taking pictures with friends at a butterfly garden. :) so glad you got to enjoy some beauty and color. and thanks for coming back and sharing it with us! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life