Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Saying Goodbye to 2015

by Kelly


It's that time of year.



I totally agree with Terri's post from yesterday...so grateful for this week between Christmas and New Year's to regroup.  I am particularly thankful for a quiet week at home to sort of wrap up 2015 before moving on to next year.  Time to think about what worked and what I could have done better.

This also marks the end of my third consecutive year of taking a photo every day.  It might seem strange, but rather than feeling like just one more thing to mark of my to-do list, daily photography has become a habit that helps ground me. Daily photography has become a practice in mindfulness and it helps to keep me from getting lost in the shuffle. Photography has become a daily meditation on what is good and beautiful in a world that sometimes feels dark and overwhelming.

As I look towards 2016, I'm wondering how I can continue to evolve as a photographer. How I can keep my photography fresh and inspiring.

Like always, I am so very grateful for this community for giving me a place to share my photos and my journey. Wishing you all every joy and blessing as we move into the new year.

Love, Kelly




6 comments:

Dotti said...

Three years of daily photos is a record to be proud of and I'm proud of you. Not only has it helped you grow as a person, it has helped you grow as a photographer. Don't overthink it, Kelly - just keep doing what you're doing. It's working! And with your intentional approach, it will continue to work and grow. And, oh, I love the idea of photography as meditation. Yes!


Happy New Years!!! xo

terriporter said...

It looks like a lot of us are having the same idea of having a week of calm and peace before the new year. Last year I wasn't able to continue taking a photo a day and I missed it terribly. I am hoping for this coming year that I can renew that commitment. I know my photography (not to mention my mood) suffers when I don't have a camera in my hands regularly. I also want to continue learning and growing. So happy we get to do it together!

Focusing on Life said...

Wishing you a wonderful year, Kelly! Dotti's right - your photography has just grown and grown with this practice - you have such a distinct style and I always loved your writing. Congratulations on three years! Amazing!

CarolHart said...

You've hit the nail on the head Kelly. Photography is indeed a meditation and your daily practice has paid off as reflected in your work this year. It is inspiring to watch your continuing growth as an artist. Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Oops - that Focusing on Life comment was me, Kelly. Happy New Year!

kelly said...

@dotti, @terri, @carolhart, @carol...thank you so much for the kind words my friends! it's so good to know that i'm not on this journey alone! wishing you every peace and blessing in the new year. xoxoxo

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life