Thursday, February 18, 2016

I See Hearts!

by Linda



This past week I celebrated the beginning of another trip around the sun. For the past few years, this occasion finds me more contemplative than any other time of year.


I am blessed beyond measure and thankful to still be part of this wonderful thing called life. The people in my life start asking me what I want and truthfully, I want for nothing, of course they find something to give me and nothing pleases me more than the gift of their heart that they so openly give.


I can see hearts in their eyes. I can see hearts in their smiles as they hand me whatever it is they have chosen.


These are moments that I treasure and hold close to my heart. They want to do something out of love. What a wonderful gesture.

Along with these heartfelt messages came some robo-messages but one actually stood out to me and made me think. I want to share it with you.

"What matters most in life is often viewed as peripheral to the things that we usually focus on. Passion takes a backseat to production, wellness to working, and balance to busyness. The old adage that 'life is not a dress rehearsal' is so true, and yet we act to the contrary by putting off what is truly important or indulging in things that are not. On your birthday, stop focusing on your age and start meditating on your life at this exact moment. How can you make it better? During the next year, reshuffle your priorities. Spend more time with family and friends, take care of your body and health and offer to help others in need. Discover what matters most to you and make your daily life into a true reflection of those ideals, beliefs and attitudes."

Amen.

...







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, your post resonates with me big time! Being blessed with a severely disabled grandson has changed my whole outlook on life. We can't worry and sweat the small stuff...it does not benefit us or those around us. No one knows what another day holds for us, so I treasure every single day! I embrace getting older, as not everyone will have that opportunity to grow old. Family, friends and love mean everything and without it...we have nothing! Thanks for sharing...your photos are stunning!

Dotti said...

As one who started her newest journey around the sun one day before you did, I can truly relate to all you've said here. Life is a blessing but sometimes we have to look a bit harder for those blessings. But they're always there. I love that quote and I think I'm going to print it and put it right her beside my computer!

I hope this trip around the sun is a blessed and happy one!

terriporter said...

Beautiful photos and thoughts. Having just experienced a "big" birthday, I am finding myself being more contemplative about the things in my life I am grateful for and the things that I need to put aside. You have me thinking this morning, my friend.

kelly said...

yes linda...I can totally relate to this beautiful post. so glad you enjoyed your day and hoping this year is full of blessings. xoxo

Unknown said...

Lovely post, Linda! I've made quite a few rounds around the sun and as I age I find that it's the small things that I treasure and that make me happy. Glad your day was celebrated with treasures and love!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life