Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Dear 2016

by Judy



Dear 2016:

It seems you've been quite the year for me.  There's been major illness and auto accidents and loved ones gone too soon.  There's been repairs and replacements, and bills, bills, bills.  There's been feelings of helplessness and hopelessness, and much, much worry.

But 2016 I'm still standing.  And even though it's so easy to sum up a year remembering all of these stressful, sad times, I choose to remember all of the good things about you.  Because 2016, there were many, many good times this year.  

There were birthdays and laughter....
There was time spent with family, and reunions with family I hadn't seen in years.... 
There were day trips and long vacations by the ocean....  
There were friends staying over and long talks and wine....
There was Christmas in July and sunset boat rides....
There were walks through gardens bursting with flowers....
There were raises and engagements and sipping coffee on the patio listening to the birds.... 

So many good times, so many good things. I could go on and on.  And although I can't pretend that all of the other didn't happen, I choose to focus on the positive things.  The every day, mundane, wonderful things that happened this year.  

We've said it here before, but it definitely warrants another mention - "every day may not be good, but there's good in every day."  

My wish for all of you is a happy, stress free new year, and the ability to see the positive in your every day, no matter what happens.  

Happy New Year my friends!









3 comments:

Dotti said...

This is a universal post - one that could have been written by any or all of us. Each year brings us joy/sadness, challenge/ease, beauty/harsh reality - the list goes on. But you are so right, Judy. Within each of us lies the strength to choose how we respond to these times and I like your approach: look for the good each and every day. And, I might add, look for the good in each and every person.

Happy 2017!

terriporter said...

So true, Judy! When taking stock of the past year, I choose to focus on all the good, and there was a lot. Focusing on the negative gets us nowhere and if we really look, we can find something good in every day. I know for me, when I am focusing on what I am grateful for, I am so much happier. Your list of good things shows that, in spite of the bad times, there is so much good to be grateful for. I love your letter to 2016!

Cathy H. said...

You are so right to concentrate on the good things of this past year. Yes, there's been plenty of bad around here too, but like you I'm focusing on the good. Sometimes it's hard to see the good, but it's there, we just have to look harder. I've enjoyed you letter to 2016. It's a very positive way to move into 2017!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life