Monday, January 2, 2017

Look Around

by Carol



Time, time,time
See what's become of me,
While I looked around for my possibilities







It's a New Year! 




Have you started looking around for your possibilities? 
Is there something that you would like to learn this year? 
Is there a place you would like to expose yourself to? 
Or is there a favorite place that you would like to know even more thoroughly?




Is there someone you would like to spend more time with?
Is there a job you would like to do, or a project you would like to finish.

Is there someone you could help? 
Is there a pet who needs adopting or a neighbor who could use a visit?
Is there something you would like to donate?







As we all know, if you look, you will see. 

Down by the riverside is bound to be a better ride than what you had planned. 






Look to nature for solace and for energy. Take a walk today to begin the new year. Experience the beauty that is there for the taking.



Look around. Leaves are brown. There's a patch of snow on the ground.
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter.










Hang onto your hopes, my friend(s)






 We at FOL wish you a wonderful, happy and healthy
2017!








(All italicized words are lyrics from"A Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon and Garfunkel)

It's amazing to look back to 1968 with new eyes, and see that contemplative thinking was present even then; and I think always channeled by artists of all natures.






*Don't forget to look up to our header and read our new monthly focus - and please keep playing with us. It enriches us all!




3 comments:

terriporter said...

I knew what song it was as soon as I read "Time, time, time"! What a wonderful post for the new year and
"A Hazy Shade of Winter" goes perfectly with our new header! Yes, technically the new year is only a turn of a page on the calendar but it always brings so much hope and possibility. The new year is always especially full of promise for me because my birthday falls the next day . . . today! And your list of all the things to think about is perfect. I always take a walk on New Years Day just to take in my surroundings and all I am grateful for but this year, for the first time I can remember in a long time, it rained ALL DAY LONG and the walk had to be postponed. I'll take a birthday walk instead and think about all you have written here. Counting you among my blessings, my friend.

Dotti said...

Oh, my! Simon and Garfunkel? We are dating ourselves aren't we? They were among my favorites. This is a great post to begin the year that stretches out in front of us. All those empty calendar pages so full of possibility. But first, those in the Northern Hemisphere must get past the "hazy shade of winter" first. I really must try harder to embrace winter this year.

Cathy H. said...

You've asked some very though provoking questions! I know one thing I'll be during for sure in 2017, continuing my daily time outdoors with my camera. I feel such peace and gratitude when I wander through woods. It makes me realize ho blessed I am!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life