A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition. ~William Arthur Ward
By far, the hardest part of winter for me is the long stretches of gray, sunless days.
Anyway, because 1) I had nothing inspiring to share about winter with you today and 2) I am a total word nerd, I found some interesting words that relate to this kind of dreadful winter weather - a few with which I was completely unfamiliar.
- Nubilous - hazy, darkened
- Obfuscous - lack of light
- Brumous - foggy, cloudy
- Banausic - dull, lifeless
- Lugubrious - gloomy, pensive
On the other hand, when the sun finally does come out, it is a complete mood lifter for me. Which could be described by the following words.
- Apricity - the warmth of the winter sun
- Insouciant - easygoing, untroubled
- Clarion - cloudless, bright
- Sanguine - happy, optimistic
- Halcyon - calm, peaceful
I hope you enjoyed this departure from my usual style of posts...or at least found my little vocabulary lesson interesting and/or informative. And regardless of what kind of weather you are experiencing, I wish you all copious, plenteous, munificent, and prodigious amounts of light and love.
Until next time,