Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Gotta Get Away

by Leigh


Sometimes you just have to get away....away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life....away from the constant cell phone ringing, facebook dinging and instagram pinging.  You have to get away from the noise of the everyday routine.  It doesn't have to be a week long vacation or anything that requires reservations months in advance.  It can just be a quick 48 hour trip to a nearby lake and a dear friend's cabin.


I always keep a fishing pole and tackle box in my car.  Really!  it's true!  stop laughing!  I always have it with me because I never know when I might pass by the perfect fishing hole.  Even though the fish weren't biting on this particular day the time I spent alone just listening and watching the birds was just what I needed to recharge myself.  


And even better than solo fishing time is time with girlfriends (girlfriends who don't laugh...too much...about my fishing obsession).  A day spent in our pj's, laughing till we cry while painting wooden boards with antlers and flowers!  Flowing glasses of wine, cheesy movies on tv and ruffles chips with sour cream & onion dip.  Perfection!  


We spent all 48 hours in that cabin just the three of us...except for the quick 10 minute beer run trip to Okay, Oklahoma (in our pj's no less!).  It was the perfect weekend.  Sunday afternoon I was back home doing the usual routine of laundry and grocery list making when my husband made the comment about how happy I was.  And it's true...all I needed was a little recharge to put a little pep in my step.  Moral of the story....take some time for yourself.  It doesn't have to be a two week vacation...it doesn't even have to be a 48 hour trip, but giving yourself the gift of time can last for a long while!





5 comments:

Cathy H. said...

There's nothing like friends and laughter to perk us up! I spend at least two days a month with my sister and sister-in-law. We take our cameras and explore, then find a fun place for lunch. There's always lots of laughter and sometimes lots of blowing off steam, but when it's over I feel 100% better!!

kelly said...

You are so right on Leigh! Nothing better than getting away with girlfriends!

AFishGirl said...

You fish???? How did I not know this! Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah! Hello fellow angler, yeeehaaa!

Carol said...

Sounds perfect! We never catch anything but fun aruond here, but I love it anyway -and girlfriends are the best!

terriporter said...

It's amazing how a few days, or even a few hours, relaxing can do us so much good! And if there's laughing and girlfriends involved, that's pretty close to perfect! Just getting out of your normal routine can do a world of good and we just need to do it more often! Love the pic of you and your fishing pole!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life