Saturday, November 16, 2013

Focus on You

by Dotti


This week's Focus on You photo was submitted by Barbara Vautier, also known as 'drolwa'. The first time I saw this photo in our photostream, a sense of calm came over me, much as it does whenever I go to the ocean. And then I experienced that deep inner yearning that I have for the beach. Barbara states that she is grateful 'to live near the everchanging ocean'. I can certainly understand that!

I was fortunate enough to grow up near the coast and even though I'm landlocked now, I manage at least one trip a year to the coast. It calls to me and touches something spiritual deep inside me. And I think it was for that reason that Barbara's beautiful seashore photo spoke to me.

From a technical standpoint, I think the composition is lovely, I love the leading lines of the surf that draw our eyes past the people and gulls into infinity. The blue of the ocean and the beige of the sand are a perfect complement for one another.

You can see more of Barbara's wonderful photos ... many of them are beach shots ... in her photostream at Flickr.

Thank you, Barbara, for playing along with us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting that most of us share the same inner peace and tranquility when it comes to being close to ocean! Whenever Im stuck in an emotional rut, thats where I head to! Of course I take my camera with me:)
Thanks for posting and sharing this beautiful photo!

terriporter said...

Loved this shot the minute I saw it in the Flickr gallery! Barbara's shots always make me long for the beach and she captures that beauty and peace so well. Thanks for sharing this beautiful gratitude with us, Barbara!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this splendid beach capture by Barabara.

Sarah Huizenga said...

I like the people in it as well. Adds some wonderful visual interest.

diane said...

What is it about the ocean that is so calming and peaceful?
I feel the same way .... I have a serious crush on the beach ... on a cloudy day. Just love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life