Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Yellow - The Color of Spring

by Deanna


Touches of Spring was my choice for this month's theme. OK I know the image above doesn't resemble Spring at all, but if I was at home right now this is probably what I would see out of my window. If you have seen any pictures of mine on Instagram or Facebook in the last week you would know that I am in Arizona soaking up the sunshine and enjoying the warmth. Except 90+ is just a wee bit warm for my body, but it sure hasn't stopped me from enjoying my moments in the sun. Rub on that sun screen and off I go.


Today I'm all about the color yellow. Yellow is the color of egg yolk, ripe lemons, some animals, many flowers, a few birds, butterflies, clothing, furniture, etc. It;s the primary color between green and orange in the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wave length between 570 and 590 nm (nano meter, not "never mind").

Since I have been in Arizona I have seen yellow thru my lens wherever I went. So this post is more about images of yellow than words.

I discovered animals in yellow....




Butterflies and bees in yellow....






I know the flower isn't yellow but that bee buzzing inside is sure yellow.

Lots of flowers in yellow...






I have been visiting friends in Arizona (specifically, Phoenix) for several years. It's my getaway when winter has been around too long at home. When everything is still very brown at home, I fly to the land of the sun to envelop myself in the vivid colors that heal the remnants of winter in my bones.
I'll admit when I first visited Arizona 20+ years ago I did not appreciate the desert with it's beauty. My mindset was "how can anybody like living around rocks, desert, and cactus."  Well, needless to say, my mindset has certainly changed over the years. I now find those cactus, those rocks, and those deserts beautiful. 



Even birds are yellow out here....


And then of course, there are the stunning sunsets...


Even tho I am missing the massive blooming of the cactus by about 2-3 weeks, I sure haven't been cheated out of any beauty.

11 comments:

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful images to brighten my morning! Arizona looks like an amazing place!

kelly said...

So glad you are enjoying the warmth and beauty of AZ. And thanks for sharing loads of my favorite color! :)

Carol said...

Beautiful pics - especially the birds ( as usual) and animals! Enjoy yourself and say hey to my friends out there!

terriporter said...

Deanna . . . spectacular! Every single one! I wish you all could be here to share in the desert spring but I wish you could see this woman, and how she never complains about anything. We are having record-breaking heat and she's not used to it. Yet I never hear a word of complaint from her. Truth be told, I'm complaining more than she is! As long as we go somewhere that she can take pictures, she is a happy camper. And take picture she has, as evidenced by the beauty she is sharing here. Thank you for always showing Arizona in its best light, my friend, for being my inspiration not only photographically but in your never-ending optimism and beautiful attitude. It's a joy to spend time with you.

wcinro said...

Glad you're having fun and sharing the lovely yellows of the desert. Great shots, Deanna.

heyjudephotography said...

I've enjoyed following along as you've been enjoying the warmth and sun. Beautiful photos Deanna! I love how you found pops of yellow in everything.

Dotti said...

I love all this happy yellow that you've found in the spring desert! Such a mood lifter for those of us who still have winter. It's not snowing here but it's chilly. This has warmed my soul!

Unknown said...

Beautiful - as always.

Liz said...

Wow, Deanna! These images are absolutely stunning!

Irina Kolosovskaya said...

Thank you for this beauty, Deanna!

Jeanne said...

Love all of your shots, but especially the first. The lighting and soft colors are gorgeous! Glad you had a great time in Arizona.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us. If for any reason you are unable to leave a comment here on this post, please leave your comment on our Facebook page or in our Flickr discussion group. We love hearing from you!

 
© Focusing On Life